my healing journey: amy luella


adult onset asthma was the first surprise in 2012, after an emotionally raw year of heartache. i began depending on pharmaceuticals for my symptoms more than i wanted, because as much as i sought alternative solutions from the doctors, they really didn't have true healing guidance, and i just didn't know better. little by little, symptoms got worse, and so greater was my dependence on drugs, so that i could just breathe. but my days were not robust, strong, and energized; they were becoming more and more sedentary. in ways that i didn't realize at the time, my adrenal glands were also functioning weaker and weaker. my blood pressure was extremely low, but doctors never identified this red flag. spring of 2015, i walked through another heart-aching year of grief and loss. i didn't know at the time that heavy emotional stress breaks down our immune system; also, i didn't know how powerfully healthy adrenal glands (and the endocrine system as a whole) help us handle emotional challenges well. as mentioned, i was hurting in this category! after this stretch of grief, fall 2017 i got walking pneumonia and chronic sinusitis for 8 months that an array of antibiotics couldn't relieve. my body was heavily congested and getting weaker with every pharmaceutical, but i couldn't see it, i didn't get it, yet. struggling daily for air and having ignorantly torn down my adrenals, endocrine system, and immunity with all the drugs, i was left vulnerable for a stroke march 2018. my husband and children drove me to the ER after i woke with completely blurred vision. i was left with blind-spots on the left side of my vision in both eyes, and my cognitive functioning and processing were impaired. during my time in the ICU and rehab, multiple doctors tied my symptoms to a rare disease called churg-strauss syndrome. although i was connected with a world-renown doctor specializing with patients such as myself, he soon made it clear that he could provide no true healing solutions; his specializing was in managing a variety of chemical drugs. so the motivation finally came to seek-out how we get sick and what it takes to truly heal. one mainstream primary-care doctor and two whole-health professionals have been apart of guiding me on this journey (and i'm so grateful for their healing presence when needed), but much of my healing has come from listening to healing-testimonies and from self-educating through books and educational videos from respected healing professionals and applying the Good. once i started making healing-changes in the summer of 2018, it took me about 1 year to come off all pharmaceuticals (including inhalers), and that's when the deeper healing began. currently, my vision and my brain are off, due to the stroke or the underlying systemic infection still, i'm not sure, but i have healed significantly, and i trust more healing is available.:) 

(a live-blood analysis march 2019 showing why my body's white blood cells, called eosinophils, have been so high--they have been fighting a severe systemic infection)

for those of you already on your own healing journey, you will probably not be surprised to know that as i stepped into healing, i found out that i was severely dehydrated, severely acidic, and was dealing with the underlying issue of a severe systemic infection that i am continuing to treat with my diet and herbal protocols. i know i have organs, such as my liver, that still need TLC to reverse the damage i did with the pharmaceuticals and the damage i ignorantly did with my eating habits all my life, but i am seeing that "once we get out of our own way," as one of my whole-health doctors says, the healing time-line is so much more gracious compared to all the years of damage we caused. these bodies are beautifully designed gifts, and are absolutely amazing healers, especially when we learn to work with them!

blessed Healing to us all,
amy luella

Translate