Four



It's official. We have a four year old!

Her day landed on a Sunday this year. We sandwiched the fun into the weekend. Friday ice skating. Sunday celebrate morning til night. Monday bouncing tents.

I had more fun this year preparing for her day. I attribute that to having more time to think about it now that I am home with the girls. In the past we have made cupcakes for her birthday; this year we did both: strawberry cupcakes and triple chocolate cake (oh, yeah!). All Saturday morning the kitchen was a mess with mixing, baking, and frosting. And they turned out yummy.

We decorated with balloons, hanging polk-a-dots from the chandeliar, and a birthday crown. I really liked the idea of the crown, but all I had handy was cardstock vs. a softer more flexible material so it was a bit stiff.=)

My favorite gift was making the woodland animals for her fairies. We used a scroll saw and a small variety of paints. Don't look too closely.=) But I think they turned out OK and will be a fun addition to her fairy world right now.

After bouncing tents Monday with her cousins, my sister suggested an oh-so-tasty Italian dive in Highlands Ranch called Via Baci. It was the best way to top off the birthday fun.

Translate