Psalm 90


While nursing this morning, I read Scripture.

I love how nursing forces me to stop, kick up my feet, often enjoy AD to myself, and even read! If the girls haven't tried to climb up on my lap, TOO, or brought their toys over to play around me and AD, it can be a really sweet time to read for my enjoyment alone.

Psalm 90:11, 14, 16 & 17 (NIV) spoke to me:

11 WHO KNOWS the power of your anger? For your wrath is AS GREAT AS the fear that is due you.


14 Satisfy us IN THE MORNING with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.


16 & 17 May your deeds BE SHOWN to your servants, your splendor to THEIR children. May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; ESTABLISH* the work of our hands FOR US--yes, ESTABLISH the work of OUR HANDS.

I need these reminders everyday. God is GREAT, and HE should be my fear above every horridness. 14 is beautiful. How good it is for my spirit to be filled each new day with God! God's love is constant; He is LOVE. Finally, God allows or doesn't allow. Whether I want to see Him or whether I want my work to be worthwhile, I need to ask Him to make it so.


*Thinking on "establish." It means to make firm or stable, to cause to grow and multiply, to put into a favorable position.

Translate