There May Have Never Been a Greater Love Shown

Warning: This post is not for the weak of stomach.

Tonight lengua tacos were served in our kitchen. A package was included in our purchase from the butcher. I knew Espi would be glad. He grew up eating the stuff, and he loves his childhood eats.

Before church, the meat was started in the crock pot. By mid afternoon, it was ready for the next step.

This guy gave me the idea to saute. So then, the removing and slicing and dicing began.

Not to say there was no love involved in the meal prep before this point, but this had to be the height of my love, certainly today,...I question if my love has ever shown greater for Espi than in that moment.

I'll spare the details (or you might have already seen some details from the links above--I'm sorry). It's gross. And I believe any man or woman who has gone through the full extent of preparing lengua deserves respect for their bravery.

After sauteing then warming tortillas, the lengua was topped with pico de gallo and avocado, and we had one very happy Daddy.








Espi says lengua is a delicacy. If that is the case, I would like to argue that it has to be due to so few people in this world being willing to prepare it!

Yet, tonight the "delicacy" was made and Espi said that the lengua even beats carne asada. That's saying a lot considering how much he loves that dish!

Translate