Choosing Love

There's a somber weight covering the Christmas season since December 14.

Tears are shed in this home, they're shed across the country.

Self-absorption,
bitterness,
neglect,
betrayal
are real.

Compassion,
selflessness,
tender care,
courageous protection
are real.

People need connection to The Source of love (I John 4:8). This land needs it, and we who know better need to do better (talking to myself). Our real enemy looks for souls to steal, kill, destroy (John 10:10). His evidence is seen in broken relationships, broken commitments, broken spirits. He tears down the sacred: marriages, family, each. life. Do you see the prevalence of his presence? I am sickened by his prevalence.

What I know is that Jesus defeated our enemy about 2000 years ago. But for now our enemy is allowed to continue roaming (I Peter 5:8), and we get to choose. With Jesus is true living, right here and now on earth, along with eternal life, and with Him is all we need for rich, abundant spiritual life (John 10:10) and freedom from our enemy and his ways (Romans 2:8).

This is the look of love:
I [Jesus] am the Good Shepherd. I know my own sheep and my own sheep know me. In the same way, the Father knows me and I know the Father. I put the sheep [or followers, past, present, and future] before myself, sacrificing myself if necessary. You need to know that I have other sheep [Gentiles or non-Jews] in addition to those in this pen [God's chosen people, Israel]. I need to gather and bring them, too. They’ll also recognize my voice. Then it will be one flock, one Shepherd. This is why the Father loves me: because I freely lay down my life. And so I am free to take it up again. No one takes it from me. I lay it down of my own free will. I have the right to lay it down; I also have the right to take it up again. I received this authority personally from my Father (John 10:14-18).

I feel like I truly know so little of this all-consuming love, but I want to. I know nothing more beautiful.

This Christmas season I and so many in our land pray The Source of love will cover the broken hearted intimately connected to the tragedy in Connecticut and open the eyes of our land to be able to recognize our enemy vs. our Love. We need heaven to open our eyes. Then may we choose Love with our spouses, family, friends, strangers each precious remaining day He gives us on this earth.

{print by the dear and talented Nicole Owens from 70 piggies and SweetTeaShoppe}

Translate