2020

Loooong ago, before I put blogging on pause (7 years), I use to enjoy summing up each year with highlights + blessings. As I re-started this writing space this year, I'd love to do it again. 

It is ironic how very challenging times can also be very beautiful. It shows us what we are made of individually, as a family, and as a society. To be able to see the good + bad more clearly, I am very grateful. Definitely, that was no exception this year. Let the highlights begin.

Music: 

When I needed a good smile, Van Morrison Pandora radio did it. He made meal prep and outdoor work lovely often. 

When I wanted a peaceful, pleasant start to my day or background music while working on a project, it was regularly dear Phil Keaggy Pandora radio. 

Go-to background  music most anytime was simply "White Noise" Pandora radio, which is mostly pleasant nature sounds. 

Finally, when adding healing peace to my morning stretching, my afternoon or evening walks, or my driving (alone or with the kids), Michael Tyrrell's Whole Tones are beautiful. His music was gifted to me early in my healing after my stroke March 2018, and the sounds have been a continual, beautiful part of my healing process--what a gift!



Books: 

I read my first Enneagram book, The Road Back to You, with our daughter H and loved it. I hope to grow in using this surprisingly sound, meaningful tool more and more. 

A Shephard Looks at Psalm 23 by W. Phillip Keller was one of the best books I've ever read about our Good Shephard, Yeshua. 

Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry was one of the best fictional reads I've ever taken in. It was thoughtful and hard and good and full of relationships and community, and the main character reminded me of my brother. I loved it. 

Mountains of Spices by Hannah Hurnard was a family read. It's an allegory for all ages about the fruits of the Spirit and how these gifts will beautifully change our life and the world around us by God's Grace. 

Adorning the Dark by Andrew Peterson I enjoyed with my dear friend from college. It was full of encouragement + inspiration in living a meaningful, creative, sincere, edifying life. 

A big focus for me these last few months has been growing in the uncomfortable, good, healing habit of fasting. As I continue to heal this precious body through cleansing + detoxifying, I trust I will get stronger + stronger to fast deeper for physical, emotional + spiritual good. I pray fasting will become a lifestyle habit for the rest of my life. Jentezen Franklin's book Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship with God was very encouraging + inspiring. Also, The Complete Guide to Fasting by Dr. Jason Fung shared practical guidance and many healing testimonies, giving me more Hope that healing is truly so easily available to all of us (no matter our finances or our food availability) through the amazing design of our bodies and the practice of fasting--intermittent, alternative-day or extended fasting. 

Finally, a most enjoyable healing + health read this year was Everyday Ayurveda Guide to Self-care by Kate O'Donnell. Already, her Everyday Ayurveda Cookbook has been a huge blessing in my healing journey these last couple years--I refer to it weekly, if not daily for seasonal recipes and daily healing habits. So it was wonderful reading more from O'Donnell. She makes Ayurveda, as rich as it is, down-to-earth and graspable, especially for beginners. It is a joy learning from her. This particular read goes in-depth about sickness, what it takes to heal, and then shares lots of healing recipes. It's a beautiful book!



Voices of Hope + Truth: 

Since my stroke 2 1/2 years ago, I rarely to never watch the news. It's probably one of the most beautiful things about my healing.;) When I have questions about a topic, I simply skip "news" sources and go to respectable experts on the matter. And to be honest, most of my research since my stroke has been on healing + health. Soooo when the "virus issue" happened this year, first I thought we were behaving strangely, but I gave it time to play out. I personally wasn't concerned because with all of my healing and self-education on such topics, I knew what to do with a virus, truly with any sickness--cleanse, detoxify. However, about a month in, seeing so plainly that our behavior was not adding-up with the death rates, I became very concerned about most of our government leaders', mainstream media, and social media behavior (and the powers behind them). Sound, reasonable, uncensored truth was not being promoted. What was most disappointing to me was realizing that mainstream information was not impowering the people with truth and facts as it should but so often doing the opposite. The beauty? If you keep your eyes peeled + your ears open, you WILL find courageous, inspiring souls speaking + walking in truth in the midst of such wrongs + chaos, also. These souls blessed my year greatly.

Dr. Zach Bush has been such a bright light throughout my healing journey, but also this year as he helped clarify the "virus issue" for what it is and what it isn't. He is compassionate and brilliant when it comes to understanding the microbiome in the air, in our soil and in our gut. 

Dr. Daniel Erickson was the first doctor I heard in a full hour-long news report sharing clearly that our national response was causing more harm than good based on all the numbers, facts + data. 

Dr. Simone Gold helped organize America's Frontline Doctors, a large gathering of doctors + patients standing for independent, evidence based medicine.

Tammy K. Clark is an OSHA expert and organized Stand Up Michigan.

Peggy Hall knows law + is happy to teach it for the good of small business owners and customers alike.

As an Independent voter, Jack Brewer caught my attention as he shared his life-long stand with the Democratic party, but he strongly supports President Trump. His voice was good to take in, and I heard many from all walks of life share similar testimonies this year.

Larry Elder was one of my favorite finds. He is direct, friendly, bright, well-informed. He first caught my attention in an interview with the respectable, "classic liberal" Dave Rubin (Here is a Elder-Rubin interview starting at 8:15). Elder's insights about history + current events are refreshingly sound when taking in the facts.

Finally, Dutch Sheets was introduced to me before our current election crisis began. I downloaded his "Give Him 15" app. He and his app are wonderful. He reminds me to pray for our precious nation daily right now. It is amazing to know I am joining many others in our country and around the world in prayer for Integrity, Truth + Goodness to reign all throughout America in this election (and beyond) by God's Grace. It truly has been a joy to "appeal to Heaven" for the Good of our nation, my state, my local community, my neighbors, and my sweet family under the encouragement of Dutch!


Yes, this year has been challenging. But the Goodness shown so brightly, too! I feel more confident about health--I've learned so much through my healing, and this year just confirmed it that much more. I am learning more about our rights as Americans and the laws that govern our communities, and I am so grateful for the Wisdom of our Constitution that was not created for easy times, but for the most corrupt times to protect the people. How brilliant! Mostly this year I have been simply blessed by community--my family, friends (+ strangers) in our rural part of Colorado + around the nation as we travelled. For each person I witnessed standing-out walking in integrity, truth + kindness during this difficult year, I was greatly blessed + encouraged--often such people truly made my day. 

As 2020 closes, my eyes are on Heaven as I (+ so many others) continue to appeal. May courage, integrity, goodness and justice reign in our nation and around the world in 2021.

Love + Health, 

Amy Luella



*The ocean pictures are from a favorite family trip this fall to the Gulf of Mexico.




Translate