Are Your Adrenals Healthy?

 Do you question whether you or your loved one's adrenals are low functioning? Adrenal health is a powerful component to emotional health, causing us to deal with difficulties and stress with more or less ease. After I share a bit of my story, I'll share a simple tool you can use regularly to see if your adrenals are strong or weak.


In 2011, a large stress and personal grief hit my life. About a year later, I was diagnosed with adult-onset asthma. The stress and then the regular use of pharmaceutical drugs began tearing down my immune system. Looking back I see that my adrenals were getting weaker and weaker leading up to my stroke in 2018, but doctors did not identify any concerns, and I wasn't self-educated to identify the red flag, which for me was a weaker and weaker blood pressure reading. 

To give an idea of my emotional health before I began healing, after the year 2011 I had multiple long stretches of feeling emotionally raw because of life's sincere difficulties that hit me hard. I didn't know how to deal with the hurt, pain, sorrow and grief in healthy ways, so the raw emotions were like wounds that would not close up and heal, and the pain lingered and lingered and lingered. For the first time in my life, I would literally feel sick to my stomach after hearing, what I internalized as, bad news. There were days when I'd take in tragedy in the world, and I cried most of the day or would be emotionally down for multiple days or longer. Oh my. I had never experienced such emotional pain, and I had no idea at the time that my weakening adrenals were a big part of the problem. 

As my emotional health declined, I continued to have very low blood pressure readings. Nurses often had difficulty even getting a pulse reading. With surprise on their faces, some would try to kindly say, "Are you alive?" I didn't know what to say other than, "I don't know why; it's the way I am."

Fast forward to 2020, that memorable year for all of us. To say that last year was stressful or difficult could be an understatement, right, yet miraculously, I walked through it with such peace, clarity and strength. I credit this to the healing knowledge and wisdom God has equipped me with on this beautiful healing journey. I also credit it to my healing adrenals.

As a culture, we talk about high blood pressure concerns so much, but never have I had a mainstream doctor help me see my dangerously low functioning adrenals tied to my low blood pressure.

The beautiful tool I want to share with you I learned from Spirit of Health, a healing clinic specializing in cleansing, detoxifying. This clinic has bolstered my healing journey greatly.

Record your blood pressure at your next doctor's appointment or get a reading at your local pharmacy soon. The top number of your blood pressure represents adrenal health. Your adrenals are healthy and strong if that number is between 120-130. Your adrenals are weak if the number is below 118. As a bonus, the bottom number represents your kidney health, the essential organs for filtering out toxins. Your kidneys are healthy if that number is between 60-70. 



This simple tool has been such a blessing for checking on my healing progress. My adrenals are much improved, but I'm still healing. The goodness is apparent in my blood pressure numbers rising and given how much  more easily I have been able to walk through crazy moments or seasons like 2020. 

These bodies are amazing. They are designed to always work for our good and our healing, when we learn to be kind, work with them and "get out of the way."

Healing Blessings,

Amy


*Photo credit goes to our daughter, capturing our neighborhood friends.:)

Translate